Library Links

"Content that might be of interest to Teacher-Librarians..."


28.10.15

Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming

"Libraries are about freedom, education, entertainment, safe spaces, and access to information."
Neil Gaiman gave "The Reading Agency" annual lecture in 2013 on the future of reading and libraries with a focus on young people.

"I am going to be talking to you about reading. I'm going to tell you that libraries are important. I'm going to suggest that reading fiction, that reading for pleasure, is one of the most important things one can do. I'm going to make an impassioned plea for people to understand what libraries and librarians are, and to preserve both of these things."

(Thanks KE for reminding me about this article!)
=============