Some ideas to create buzz!
Naomi Bates (TL in TX) offered great ideas on LM-Net to promote books in your collection. I've paraphrased some of her suggestions below. (I've also posted a link to her blog at the end of this post.)
- Get out your dystopia....put it out, keep it out, display it. HOT genre right now!
- Pull some short sports reads for the boys who are reluctant borrowers. (Try pairing non-fiction & fiction books.)
- Set up a data projector, AppleTV or whiteboard and project book trailers while kids are browsing.
- Display books you've read. (And booktalk them!)
- Look for "best friends". Find a title that has TWO copies and shelf talk it. The friends may want to read the title together
More from Naomi on Bulletin Boards (monthly themes)