Libraries and learning communities (video & slides) by Lee Rainie
Oct 18, 2011 at the Internet Librarian conference
While this presentation is focussed more on the role of public libraries, there are some "take aways" for school library settings. (Keynote is prefaced with an ad.)
"Director Lee Rainie gives the keynote address at the Internet Librarian conference that examines the potential role librarians can play in "learning communities" – both physical and virtual. He looks at five questions that libraries face as they consider their role in communities:"
1) What is the future of knowledge?
2) What is the future of reference expertise?
3) What is the future of public technology?
4) What is the future of learning spaces?
5) What is the future of community anchor institutions?