Twenty-First Century School Librarians and Their Impact on Career and College Readiness
It is interesting to see what our American colleagues are up to! See videos of these presentations.
"On October 17, 2011 AASL held a congressional briefing, "Education Reform and the SKILLs Act: An Analysis of Twenty-First Century School Librarians and Their Impact on Career and College Readiness." Presented in conjunction with Representative Rush Holt (N.J.) and Senator Jack Reed (R.I.) the panel included:
- Carl Harvey, school librarian, North Elementary School (Ind.), AASL president
- Donna L. Haye, assistant superintendent, Atlantic City Public Schools (N.J.), an AASL Distinguished School Administrator
- William A. Mayer, university librarian, American University (D.C.), international speaker and leader on the changing face of services in libraries
- Kathy Mortimer, parent from Henrico County Public Schools (Va.) an AASL National School Library Program of the Year
- Connie Williams, National Board Certified Teacher Librarian, Petaluma High School (Calif.), AASL legislative committee chair