Kick off a year (or term) of reading
The 40 book challenge is based on Donalyn's core beliefs about reading:
- Everybody reads here. Let's get started
- Be a good all-around reader
- There's the right book for you out there somewhere
- What you read is YOUR choice
- Your reading life matters.
"If your school wants to boost reading, try Donalyn Miller's 40 book challenge approach. Easy to implement - in her book The Book Whisperer, she even includes all the handouts and documents that she uses. Her second book, Reading in the Wild, is also a great read. If you can, have your faculty read it this Spring, and implement the program in the Fall. It can easily be adapted across all grade levels." Elsa Ouvrard-Prettol