Library Links

"Content that might be of interest to Teacher-Librarians..."


30.9.14

Bibliographies en français?

Comment rédiger une bibliographie/médiagraphie en français...
I used to tell my Immersion students to use the same method they used for their other English papers. My reasoning was that since they were unlikely to do any serious publishing in French, using a common method that they were accustomed to would be good reinforcement for their English work. Hunting around on-line, I found both MLA-like and APA-like guides exist. (I've referenced some below)

I tested some of the suggestions in the first two documents with Bibme, and the MLA style tab gives results that are very close (Students will need to translate the month names and such things as "print", etc) I suggest using some kind of tool to make the process painless - For example, Bibme.org allows students to easily create MLA (or APA) bibliographies, and then make the necessary adjustments for French terms.

Some guides I found:

Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) - based on MLA

Collège François-Xavier-Garneau (CEGEP in Québec) - based on MLA

Université Laval -  APA (French adaptation)

Collège de Maisonneuve (based on APA - very extensive document!)

===============