Rethinking research assignments
Helping teachers (and TLs) rethink research assignments (especially from pre-packaged curriculum programs):
"We've boiled it down to 5 simple steps, because we know that brain research says the brain can't remember more than 4 at a time!
- Administer the Google litmus test
- Insert Essential Question at the beginning which will foster synthesis of those facts and conclusions
- Require credible library resources to be used
- Embed technology for engagement - somewhere
- Insure that students have an opportunity to "present" their knowledge
Now we really know that there is more to it than that, but these simple 5 will not scare them away from "Repackaging Research"