Why Use Music in Class?
"Music can be used to help control a classroom environment or to support the content within that class. It can be used to signal different transitions within the class as well as to serve as a writing prompt itself. ... Music opens up neurons, opens doors in your brain that create a kind of loft space receptive to learning."
Here are eight ways to use music:
- #1 Teach Academic Vocabulary
- #2 Lyrics as Poetry
- #3 Songs as Writing Prompts
- #4 Music to Aid in Role-Playing
- #5 Playlists to Teach Narrative
- #6 Jingles to Teach Persuasive
- #7 Reviews as Literary Analysis
- #8 Music to take "Syn-naps"