INFORMATION LITERACY IN THE WILD
(Download the digital version - epub or PDF)
A digital compilation of essays reflecting field experiences in public libraries, K-12 libraries, K-12 classrooms, college classrooms (online and face-to-face), academic libraries, museums, and more. The publication was created by students of the University of Michigan (EDCURINS 575: Information Literacy for Teaching and Learning).
Here are some tidbits from the collection:
- - how Lady Gaga's meat dress is an example of synthesis
- - the importance of a lesson "hook"
- - how to sneak an IL lesson into a tech lesson
- - how a map can guide even the most experienced researchers
- - bird unit sightings in public libraries ... and a physics classroom