Announcing the opening of this year's Media Specialist Technology Innovation Award competition! Open to Canadians as well!
Here are the details from Laurie Conzemius (Communications Chair of SIGMS: Media Specialist Special Interest Group of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) )
This annual award is presented to two teams of a school librarian and collaborating teacher who have conducted an exemplary technology program extending beyond the library to meet the needs of classroom students and teachers. The purpose of this award is to identify, promote, and sustain excellence in collaborative and innovative technology-based projects driven by the school library media center in support of curricular and instructional needs in elementary, middle, and high schools.
Award Winners Receive:
* ISTE Membership (2 per team).
* ISTE Annual Conference & Exposition registration (2 per team), and recognition at awards ceremony.
* Featured in an article by Learning and Leading with Technology magazine.
* $1,000 cash award payable to the school media center (1 per team).
* $1,000 travel stipend if attending the conference (per team).
* $300 professional library from ISTE.
* Inscribed award plaque (one per team).
Read about past winners and download information about nomination materials, criteria, and the judging rubric from the Awards website at:
SIGMS Communications Chair